Friday 9 October 2015

Author events

It's been a busy couple of months but lots of FUN. 
Being an introvert at heart, I've tended to take time out to recharge so my blog has been a bit quiet of late and I think it's about time I shared some of what I've been up to.

Love Thrills RWNZ Conference
First up, the RWNZ conference at the end of August.  I was honoured to have been asked to be the MC for this, despite my work being more speculative fiction than romance per se.  Of anyone, romance writers realise that romance actually permeates EVERY genre of writing because it is part of the human experience.  I was also fortunate enough to be one of the line up of speakers at the conference that included Nalini Singh, Candace Havens, and many more.  http://www.romancewriters.co.nz/2015-conference/






My Birthday
I was incredibly moved and thrilled by the thoughtful gifts my friends and family gave me this year.  In particular, given my efforts in the writing field in 2015, one friend went out of his way to get me a cake in the shape of one of my books.  Very cool!  And delicious!




NZ Independent Book Festival
This year's Independent Book Festival played host to a range of talented writers and other publishing industry professionals, as well as many readers keen to find new books and authors.
I was on the SpecFicNZ stall with books by members and a few fun props.  I got to hang out with some amazing authors and meet some fans of my work.  There's nothing quite like the feeling when a reader brings her friends to meet me and insists they should buy my book!
http://nzbookfestival.co.nz/












Still to come:  NZ Book Week!
That's right - there's still more book related stuff to come. 
NZ Book Week is coming.
Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/NZ-Book-Week-1016315245069049/timeline/

No comments:

Post a Comment