Congratulations to Simon Williams, winner of the Name My Novel Competition!
Simon says he voted for Currents of Change because of the alliteration and was thrilled to receive his signed copy of the book. Don't forget to get your copy from Amazon - just $3 for the Kindle version. Also available in paperback.
For those wondering, Currents of Change was the original title of the work and, despite oscillating amongst the other options, I eventually settled back on it (with the help of votes from people like Simon).
The title is layered and refers to multiple elements within the story (very minor spoilers ahead but not really):
- The changes in Sara's life as she escapes to this small town in rural New Zealand
- Electrical currents - why does her family's ancestral house not have electricity?
- The water currents that brought Sara's ancestors to New Zealand by boat
- The changes in their old country that encouraged them to leave
- Currents of magical power and change that grow stronger from the time Sara arrives
- The currents of change within Sara herself as she struggles to find her strength and to open herself to trust again
Thank you to everyone who took part in the competition. I hope you enjoy the book.