Sunday 29 July 2012

Living with a Clendon Awards Finalist (And Finishing My Novel)

Well, it's been quite the exciting weekend at my house.  Two reasons:

I finally wrote "The End" thus finishing work on my current novel manuscript.  Then I went back and read some of it - and liked it!  Phew!!!  All I need now is to get a little distance and read it again in a few months.  Hopefully I'll still like it then.

The other reason was that we found out my brilliant also-writer wife is a finalist in this year's Clendon Award (a contest for romance writers).  Her manuscript is on its way to New York with three others to be read by an editor there before the winner is announced next month.  You can't imagine how proud I am of her right now!!

Naturally we're both ridiculously smug and wandering around the house in a daze, punctuating every day activities with phrases like: "You're a Clendon Award Finalist" and "You finished your novel" and "Hehehehehehehehehe!"  Yup, we're calm, sensible sorts for sure.

Bring on the celebrations and we're both crossing our fingers for what happens next.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment