Saturday 8 September 2012

A bid for the AMP Scholarship

I've thrown my hat into the ring for the AMP "Do Your Thing" Scholarships this year.

My "thing" of course, is writing.  I've proposed to use the money to attend a writing conference in the UK in 2013.  There's some information about this annual festival here: http://www.writersworkshop.co.uk/events.html

While there, I'll get to learn from expert speakers, mix with other writers, and pitch to agents.  All of which will give me an excellent opportunity to advance both my skills and my connections, furthering my writing career greatly.  I think it will be an excellent learning experience and hopefully I can bring back useful information for others in SpecFicNZ.

So now, my fingers are crossed.  There are 1561 entrants for the scholarships, so competition is fierce.  If you'd like to cast your vote, follow the link below to the AMP facebook page and check out the options.

AMP Do Your Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment