Friday 24 May 2013

Coming activities

I'm thrilled to have been invited to take part in some exciting activities over the next few months.  I don't yet have a calendar page on my website so I thought I'd list a few of them here.

Au Contraire Convention
Taking place in Wellington, July 12th to 14th, this con is a celebration of sci-fi, fantasy,  and all kinds of geeky goodness.  As part of the SpecFicNZ committee, I've been involved in arranging the writing stream of workshops at this event.  I will be a panel member and moderator of the Short Fiction Editing Workshop, Saturday at 2pm.
Sunday evening marks the  presentation of the Sir Julius Vogel Awards, for which I have a story story nominated.

Workpower Workshop on Journalling and Creative Writing for Carers
Perth-based not-for-profit organisation, Workpower Community Support and Respite will be running my workshop on journalling and creative writing as a way of reducing stress and promoting self-care for people with disabilities and their carers.  This covers the power of stories, as well as how to use a journal and how to create fiction that both entertains and serves as an outlet to process emotions.  Dates to be confirmed.

RWNZ Auckland Chapter Presentation - Psychology and Character Building 
RWNZ has a variety of excellent speakers at their chapter meetings, covering a range of topis helpful to writers. In April 2014, I will be presenting on how psychological theories of personality, family dynamics and transactional analysis can be used to create strong, multi-dimensional, believable characters in your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment