Saturday 15 September 2012

Full Steam Ahead to a Win

I'm incredibly excited to have received a huge validation for my recently completed novel. 

"Agents of Kalanon" as I'm currently calling it, was entered into the SpecFicNZ/Steam Press Novel Manuscript Competition.  A huge part of why I wanted to enter this competition was to let someone in the industry assess it and see how it stacked up against others out there.  I hoped most of all to get into the top few so as to get feedback from the editor of Steam Press.  Anything to help improve is always helpful.

To my delight, I won!

The judge said:  
 "This novel was well written and compelling throughout, and was definitely a standout among those that were submitted. It reminded me a lot of James Norcliffe’s novels (e.g The Assassin of Gleam), and I think it’s definitely of publishable standard."

He also include some useful tips for the improvement of what he called "a few minor niggles". 

So...next step is to polish up the manuscript with these comments and suggestions in mind and then try to find an agent to take it on.

But maybe a little bit of patting myself on the back first.  Woohoo!  I won! 

http://www.specficnz.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/logo1.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment