Friday 16 March 2012

Craig Parker is my Evil Overlord

For some of you eagle-eyed folk, you may have spotted me getting killed by Sparticus recently in an episode of "Sparticus: Vengeance".  Well, that's what you get when you're a Roman soldier chasing after the lead guy's girlfriend with a sword.
Strangely, whenever I'm an extra on a TV series, I always seem to be a minion for whatever bad-guy is being played by Craig Parker!  In "Legend of the Seeker" I was one of Darken Rahl's Dragon Corps.  Now in Sparticus, I'm one of Glaber's soldiers.  I'm starting to think that man really is an Evil Overlord!
Turns out, the life of a minion isn't an easy one.  It took a lot of having my throat cut and being thrown down the stairs to get just a few seconds of screen time.  And I thought writing action took a long time! 
Still, how often do you get to have this conversation:
"Honey, I'm home."
"How was your day at work, dear?"
"I got murdered by Sparticus and it was FUN."

No comments:

Post a Comment